Interac E-transfers (E-mail Money Transfers) are a simple, convenient and secure way to send and receive money directly from one bank account to another thru online banking. Interac E-Transfers allo you to send and receive money from your Caisse populaire de Clare accounts to anyone with an email address or mobile phone and a bank account in Canada - withouth sharing any personal or financial information. It's fast, convenient and secure! And a great alternative to cheques and cash.
- Send and receive money directly from and to your existing bank account
- The money can be accessed immediately after the transfer is accepted
- To send an Interac e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient's email address or mobile phone number
- Never share personal or financial information with the people you send money to: keep your address, phone number and account information private
- The security question protects your transfer from being deposited by unintended recipients
- No need to set up new accounts, user ID or passwords — you're already in online banking
- Email and/or text message carries the notification, so no need to get stamps or to find a mailbox
- To send transfer: $1.50
- To receive transfer: FREE
- To Stop a transfer: FREE
- NO Minimum transfer amount
- Each Interac E-Transfer expires after 30 days if not collected by the recipient.
E-Transfer LimitsSending Limits
- $3000 per transaction
- $10,000 7-day span
- $20,000 30-day span
- $10,000 Daily
- $70,000 7-day span
- $300,000 30-day span
Tracking your transfer
As a sender - Interac e-Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your online banking history. In addition, you will receive an email notification and/or text message once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer.
As a recipient - You will receive an email notification and/or text message when the transfer is sent, indicating the amount as well as instructions for depositing it.
Depositing your transfer
You can deposit your transfer by clicking on the link contained in the text message or email notification, or you can type the link contained in the notification into your browser — no matter how you're notified, you can deposit your transfer at any computer or mobile device connected to the Internet.
How to Send Money:
- Log into Online Banking
- Click on Transfer Money Tab
- Click on Send Email Money Transfer Tab
- Specify the account you want to send the money from, the amount, and the recipient. (NOTE: to add a recipient to your list, you will need to know their email address).
- You may include a custom message with the notification email that will be sent to the recipient.
- First time users of Interac e-Transfers will be prompted to create/edit their ''Sender Profile.''
- The email addresses you enter for yourself and recipients will be used to inform you and the recipient when a transfer has been sent, received or declined.
- For your security, only you and the recipient should know the security question and answer.
- You may edit a recipient's information or delete them at any time.
- It can take from 15 to 30 minutes for the recipient to receive a notification email regarding an e-Transfer.
- If the recipient does not accept and the deposit the e-Transfer within 30 days of it being sent, it will automatically be deposited back into your account.
How to Receive Money:
- Click on the link received in the email.
- Select Caisse populaire de Clare under Credit Unions in Nova Scotia.
- Once selected, Interac will send you to Caisse populaire de Clare's web site, where you will be prompted to logg into your Online Banking account.
- Once logged in, the banking system will walk you through the deposit process.
Click on this link for a Demo - How Interac e-transfers work
Visit the Interac® e-Transfer Frequently Asked Questions